Sunday 17 June 2012

a new chapter

 ...at this time of  year there are various avenues of my life that become neglected...working mainly in the wedding industry means that my summer is pretty darn busy....I affectionately call it my 'silly season'.  So the house becomes an 'artistic mess', the kids have more freedom than is normally allowed, our diet is terrible as we have to grab n go as best we can, and the studio certainly looks as if someone creative and busy works in it 14 hours a day.
 For those of you who follow me on facebook and certainly here may know that this has been my first year of being able to concentrate on my business 'full time'.  My youngest started school last September and alot has changed around here.  It has also allowed me the time to reflect and focus more on the direction of my business.  I adore the freedom of working for myself, it brings happiness in bucket loads.  My mind is constantly fizzing with ideas.  Colour, pattern, florals, paper and fabric surrounds every waking minute of my day. 
My business is becoming more eclectic, I am still busily producing Wedding Stationery that is Printed and Embroidered but alongside this I also like to potter.  Too much sometimes.  Due to this pottering I have introduced 'a little shop' which sells pieces that I have made in moments of time away from my stationery.  Items for the home and an assortment from my personal collections which I am now selling from postcards to haberdashery.....
I have posted here for a fair few years now and my little blog is that full that it is starting to run slow and get tired.  So at the end of August I am moving to a new chapter, a little step stone sideways to a new little blog - 'The Linen Garden'.  So if you are a follower here it would be fabulous and warm my heart if you joined me over at my new journal....... I am also having a GIVEAWAY - ha - thought that would grab your attention!!! ......... so there will still be plenty to see here til then as I will be posting more regularly as from tomorrow with the return of The Filing Cabinet Interviews.....

This is a little snippet of my last few weeks......















1 comment:

Annabel - Love My Dress Wedding Blog said...

Everything you put your hand to Vicky is absolutely delightful, I love everything you do :)

xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...